Monday, September 06, 2004
Hum. Went down to the city today. Forgot to say, we all got a day off from school because the Royal Show is on, so they figure if they give us a day off, then we'll all go then. Few people do. Mostly people take advantage of the day off school and go to the Show some other day.
Anyways...Got down there, wandered around a bit, and went to find some cotton. I want to knit Bad Penny...But I couldn't find what I really wanted. All I could see, cotton wise, was this Fiddle-De-Dee stuff. It's all textured and crinkly though, and didn't have colours I wanted. I was considering buying white and dyeing it, but I hear cotton is mucho arder to dye than wool, and I have no experience in either.
So, I think I'll have to buy some off the net. As much as I don't want to. It was heaps more expensize anyways, and you got less aswell. So, I think I'll get cotton from Ozeyarn.. I put in for a sample card today, so, hopefully that's got cotton on it....Well, it diesn't really matter, does it? Either way, I'll get it. Well...I wanted to get it from Ozyarn, not OzEyarn, coz Ozyarn seem smaller and stuff, I like to support the underdog...But, OzEyarn is cheaper and you get more for it. So..Thats it, I spose. Now, to beg the mother for the mulah! Though, she's a good mum. She supports me in choice thta I make, and money that I spend, coz she trusts me now...Now at least. She didn't used to. I was feral! That's another story.
Anyways. Got some lip blam from the Body Shop. Bought some yarn, second hand, might I add..From this creepy second hand shop...I Picked it upa nd liked it, coz it was exactly what I wanted, and it looks great with the other colours for the doggy jacket. The yarn was out the front of the shop, in this big stand. I picked it up and went into the shop to get it...Argh, I don't know what it was about this woman. She had these weird eyes. Like, they looked like contacts, but I can't tell. Uh, this horrible bright blue around the outside witht the muddy brown around her pupil. It was just, it wasnt nice to look at. She looked like one of those people who you just steer right away from. You know? You don;t look at them or near them and just keep going if they talk to you. But then, she was nice and talking and sutff. I tried to be polite, I though I was... But my friend said that I seemed really rude. Mmm...I couldn't stop thinking about her on the way home. She was just too creepy.
Holy crap! I was so excited! Sadly, I had no money left, but I went in anyways. To St Vinnies, I mean. Second hand shop. Notthe one in the city, the one on the way back, we got off the train and went to St Vinnies, then caught another one the rest of the way home. But anyways. There were so many knitting neeedles and acsessories and STUFF! Like...A whole table dedicated just to knit-knacks! And, when yo walk in the door, you see this big unopened bag of wool, 750g for three dollars. Three friggin dollars. Gawd, I wih I had money left. I would've got it. A ncie navy blue colour. Deep. Cool. ARGH! The woman was kinda rude, though, she kicked us out coz it was near closing time...But, we could have been buying stuff, you know? And, it was five minutes left, and they were having a good chat amongst themselves, wasnt like they were waiting on us or anything. Mmm, just the way she said "Girls, were clsoing now, if you could please leave."...It was very unsavoury.
ARGH! I can't get that creepy woman out of my head. Argh argh argh!
I've noticed I'm starting to be more..Innovative, I spose. That's prolly not the best word, but it will do...Innovative with my knitting. Like, when I first started, if I wanted to amke something which required a few different yarns, and what I had was fatter or skinner..I just wouldn't use it. I'm now realizing that different sized needles can be used to make the gauge the same. Liek with my Doggie sweater. The yarn I bought from teh creepy lady is a bit fatter than my other stuf. So I'm just using a smaller needle when I get to it, you know? Like, the pattern is just stripes, so i's not hard, but I never would have thought of that.
Ok..Well, I'm off to finish casting on for my new sweater (I had done two inches, but I ripped that out when I got this new yarn, coz of the colours, it just had to go first (light blue, grey blue, silver grey..that prolly doesn't sound that good, but it looks cool when the balls are next to each other in that order. Plus, it's all like, angora mixes or brushed wool or mohairified, nice and soft and squishy. It's going to be so cool!! I'll take some pictures, just have to get the camera from the brother...I generally wait till I have something to show before just asking for the camera, coz they all ask questions. I don't want to have to say "I'm taking pictures to post on THE INTERNET for everyone to see..Mother would spaz out!)
PS, I found this...I don't have a secret pal..That I know of. I just thought it's be fun to fill it out!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I wish I could be, but I go by softness, not brand.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I crochet, I did before I ever knitted..And I would love to spin!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I'm only allergic to my friends cats and dog, nothing else. Not even my own cat.
4. How long have you been knitting? Since...Not very long ago. A few months...?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No..I will now though!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Anything citrussy..Sweet and sharp. A bit of lavender is nice, too.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?YES!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I'll do anything, so long as I'm busy! I always make b'day cards and stuff like that..I'm open to most things.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? Yes, I own few CDs, I just download/"steal" mp3's. I like rock, metal, punk, aussie hip hop...Whatever. Just not country or poppy things. Teeny-boppers bug me.
10. What's your favorite color?..Totally green. I like "cool" shades, like greens and blues and purples.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Live with family, ie. everyone but Dad. I have a cool cat called Tom (hehe, origianl, he's a tom cat!..Well, he was.)
12. What are your life dreams? To have a long, happy and full life.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I lovefat, chunky yarns, but anything is cool. I like to knit smaller stuff sometimes. Good old Aussie merino wool is just...*sigh*
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Itchy acrylics! I have nothing against anything, excpt itchy things. This includes some wools.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I'm going through a tank phase...They're too cool!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Probably quick scarves..And I like to knit my own stuff, that I'm amking up and writing down as I go along.
17. What are you knitting right now? Some gloves, a doggy jumper and Honeymoon.
18. What do you think about ponchos? They're ok. I don't own one..They're heaps better than shawls, though..They're ok.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circ's coz I don't like to purl.
20. How did you learn to knit?The internet. Mum taught me how to knit, like, just that stitch, I couldn't even cast on or purl or anything, when I was like, eight. I re-learnt not long ago.
21. How old is your oldest UFO? Would have to be Honeymoon..Who is....A few weeks, maybe a month or something?
Mk. Insightful? I doubt it. But oh well.
Ashik0 @ 9/06/2004 07:19:00 pm